There are only a few weeks left this year…how’s your business doing? Are your sales where you want them to be? Have you reached the goals you set for yourself (you do set goals, don’t you)?
Autumn is a time for change. It’s a great time to evaluate what you’ve accomplished so far and what changes need to be made moving forward.
Too many people wait. They wait to create new products. They wait to add new services. They wait to change.
And just what are they waiting for? The “magic date” when they believe it’s the ideal time to make changes – January 1st – because that’s tradition…it’s how it’s always been done.
Stop waiting. Take action now!
January 1st is full of good intentions. But if you want to take a proactive step to lift your business to a new level, why on earth would you wait any longer? January 1st is just another day on the calendar!
So, take a moment right now and schedule time to evaluate your business, decide where you want to be a year from now, and set goals to make it all happen.
Evaluate your business over the past year.
- Did you accomplish everything you set out to do?
- Did you create the new offerings you intended? If not, why?
- Review your income and expenses for the past year. Break it down by each service and/or product to see which have been the most profitable and which didn’t pan out the way you expected.
- Did your income match your projections?
- Did you attract free publicity?
Now take a hard look at where you’d like to see your business 12 months from now.
- What would you like your business to look like?
- What are your financial goals?
- What do you have to do differently each month to meet those goals – increase offerings or find more clients?
Create goals and take action to ensure you get there.
- Get clear on “why” you want to achieve your goals.
- Break down your goals into tangible tasks.
- Assign a date for the completion of each task.
- Transfer those dates into your calendar.
- Work with a coach or mentor to help you along the way and keep you accountable.
Remember…if you don’t change anything, you can’t expect to see different results one year from now.
“Success in any endeavor does not happen by accident. Rather, it’s a result of deliberate decisions, conscious effort, and immense persistence…all directed at specific goals.” ~Gary Ryan Blair